LONG BEACH POLAR BEAR CLUB Super Bowl Sunday Splash
In Memory of Paulie Bradley
All Proceeds Go To Make-A-Wish Foundation ® of Metro New York and Western New York.
Download and print these forms. You must fill out a waiver
to get access to the beach!
YOU MUST ALSO HAND IN A WAIVER WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2rd, 2014 - 12:00 pm in the water at 1:30 pm
Meet us at Riverside Blvd.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
The Annual Long Beach Polar Bear Super Bowl Sunday Splash will take place on Sunday, February 2nd on the beach in Long Beach and is back at Riverside Boulevard. T-Shirt Sales begin at 10 a.m., required waiver signing for the swim begins at noon and the Splash happens at about 1:30 p.m.
What is this all about?
All of the proceeds from the Polar Bear Swim benefit Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York, who grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions. For complete details about the history of the Long Beach Polar Bears and Make-A-Wish, please visit lonbeachpolarbears.org
How do I get there?
This is one of the busiest traffic days of the year in Long Beach and parking is very difficult. If you live in Long Beach, it is recommended that you walk or take your bicycle. If you are coming from out of town, it is recommended that you car pool or take public transportation. There are trains arriving in Long Beach at 10:42 a.m., 11:42 a.m., and 12:42 p.m. and trains leaving Long Beach at 2:25 p.m., 3:25 p.m., and 25 minutes after every hour throughout the day. The beach is about a half mile walk from the Long Island Rail Road Station.
Will I get a ticket if I am illegally parked?
There is a good chance you will get a ticket if you are parked illegally and if you block a driveway, fire hydrant, crosswalk or park on private property or in a business parking lot for the purpose of going to the beach you will probably come back to find your car towed. Please plan accordingly and give yourself enough time to find a legal parking spot. It may require you to park a lot further than the LIRR station.
Are there restaurants and stores open in Long Beach?
There are plenty of restaurants and businesses open in Long Beach. Please consider staying for lunch or dinner at one of them.
How do I make a donation?
Visit superbowlsplash.kintera.org or make a donation in person at the Splash. All cash donations should be made at the Official Polar Bear Booth at Riverside Boulevard!
Where can I enter the Beach?
The following entrances to the beach are closest to the Bandwagon where the Polar Bears will be speaking. They are listed closest to furthest from the Bandwagon. Please note that the entrances should be less crowded the further you get from the bandwagon. If you arrive late, #1 & #2 below will probably only allow exiting from the beach, so please use a different entrance.
1. The ramp from the boardwalk between Long Beach Boulevard and Riverside Boulevard. Go onto the boardwalk from Long Beach Blvd and go to the right or from Riverside Boulevard and go to the left.
2. The ramp from the boardwalk between Riverside Boulevard and Edwards Boulevard. Go onto the boardwalk at Riverside Boulevard and go right or at Edwards Boulevard and go left.
3. Long Beach Boulevard under the boardwalk. Enter the beach from the street at Long Beach Boulevard.
4. Edwards Boulevard under the boardwalk. Enter the beach from the street at Edwards Boulevard.
5. The Ramp on the boardwalk between Edwards Boulevard and National Boulevard. Go onto the boardwalk from Edwards Boulevard and go right or from National Boulevard and go left.
6. National Boulevard under the boardwalk. Enter the beach under the boardwalk at National Boulevard.
Are there Restroom Facilities?
There will be porta potties located by the street entrances and also at Riverside Boulevard where there is no longer a street entrance.
Can we bring alcohol, start a fire, or bring a pet?
For the safety of all alcohol, fires, and pets of any kind are not permitted on the Beach or Boardwalk at any time. Thank you for anticipated cooperation.