When you are, purchasing a product or making a donation, we ask you for personal contact information such as your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address. We may use this contact information to provide you with a receipt or financial report; to contact you to clarify or obtain information about an order you placed a donation you made, or to send you additional information about the Long Beach Polar Bears Organization ("the LBPB").
If you make a purchase or donation, we may contact you from time to time (generally in writing) in connection with your purchase (for example with respect to shipping information), to alert you to future events or offer you an opportunity to make another purchase or gift to the LBPB.
As you know the principal purpose of the LBPB's fund raising efforts is to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation ® of Metro New York and accordingly we do share your contact information with them. If you opt-in by making a purchase using the LBPB website, then they may write to you with information regarding their activities and to solicit donations. You will always have the choice to ask Make-A-Wish Foundation to stop writing to you.
Personal contact information that you provide to us is never rented or exchanged with any third party other than Make-A-Wish Foundation ® of Metro New York , as stated above. However certain information may be shared with our agents and service providers, i.e., reputable companies we use for services such as shipping the LBPB products.
In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation or purchase a product. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. These secure servers are hosted by our payment processor, Planet Payment, which is bound by established credit Card Association security policies and only uses such information for the purpose of billing your credit or debit card for the amount of your purchase or donation. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations, and your credit card number is not retained by the LBPB once your transaction has been authorized and processed.
If you wish to modify the frequency of future communications from the LBPB, or terminate such communications please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
With the exception of credit card numbers, which are not retained, you can view and request changes to all the information you have given us, by contacting us with details of your request by e-mail at email@example.com . We will endeavor to make such changes promptly, but as an organization operated by volunteers we cannot guarantee that such changes will be made within any particular timeframe.
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's IP address, although no personally identifiable information (such as e-mail addresses) is recognized by the server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Occasionally, we may use session cookies to improve content, provide easier access and understand how visitors use our Web site. Session cookies are also used to support our e-commerce pages. Our Web site does not include stand-alone or plug-in applications that report individually identifiable information back to us, or to any other organization, other than Make-A-Wish Foundation.
All financial transactions on our Web site, specifically online donations and online purchases, are managed through our payment processor, Planet Payment, which is PCI DSS certified. All transactions use an encrypted channel, take place on secure servers and occur in real time. No financial data, such as your credit card number, is transferred via a less-secure channel. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, we do not retain your credit card number.
1. This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains www.longbeachpolarbears.org/ (the "Web site") is a complimentary information service offered by the Long Beach Polar Bear Organization ("the LBPB") at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. The LBPB reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Web site. Do not use the Web site if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
2. By viewing the Web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement.
3. You acknowledge that the information on the Web site is provided "as is" for general information only. The LBPB makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Web site, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
4. You agree that you will hold harmless the LBPB and its officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively the "LBPB persons") from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Web site or the information contained in this Web site or other Web sites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Web site or another Web site to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will the LBPB, the LBPB persons, or the contributors of information to this Web site be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this Web site are not necessarily those of the LBPB or endorsed by the LBPB.
6. The LBPB may provide links on the Web site to other Web sites which are not under the control of the LBPB. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by the LBPB of the organization or individual operating the Web site or a warranty of any type regarding the Web site or the information on the Web site.
7. This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by the LBPB, which is headquartered in the State of New York, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States Territories and other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of New York, by accessing this Web site both you and the LBPB , all matters arising from or relating to use of this Web site, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof. You and the LBPB also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of and consent to suit in the Courts, Federal and State located in the State of New York, with venue in Nassau County with respect to such matters. The LBPB makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Web site from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.